Neck pain is common and affects people of all ages. When it starts to significantly impact your daily life, you may benefit from chiropractic care. At All Ages Chiropractic, which serves North Hollywood, Hollywood, Burbank, Toluca Lake, Studio City, and Sherman Oaks, CA, we provide a variety of chiropractic treatments that can reduce your discomfort and allow you to enjoy day-to-day activities without obstructions.
What Causes Neck Pain?
Neck pain can be caused by several injuries and activities. Some causes of neck pain include the following:
- Whiplash: Whiplash is a common car accident injury that occurs when your head is whipped frontward and backward due to a collision. The injury causes tears in the soft tissues of the neck, leading to stiffness, neck pain, and headaches. While it most often occurs from a car accident injury, it can also happen while playing sports or a personal injury at work
- Poor posture: When you don’t practice proper posture, your head tends to lean forward, which puts additional strain on the neck. As a result, you may feel tension, neck pain, and headaches
- Poor sleep posture: Many people sleep on their stomachs, however, this forces you to turn your head to one side or the other and leads to neck pain
- Other physical stress: Like being on a computer or a cell phone for extended periods resulting in “text neck.”
Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain
Whether your neck pain comes from poor habits, a personal injury, or a condition, it is related to your neuromusculoskeletal system. The root cause of your discomfort can be due to a problem with the nerves, muscles, tendons, ligaments, or bones. When you visit our chiropractor, we will determine what is causing your pain and develop a treatment that will provide you with relief.
While each individual’s treatment plan will differ according to their specific needs, some of the most effective methods for addressing neck pain that we utilize include:
- Adjustments, which restore alignment of the spinal column
- Decompression therapy, which relieves compression on discs, muscles, and nerves
- Soft tissue therapy, which addresses tension, inflammation, and limited range of motion
- Corrective exercises, which target weakened or damaged areas
Contact us for Treatment Today
If you have persistent neck pain, our team at All Ages Chiropractic is happy to help. We serve patients in North Hollywood, Hollywood, Burbank, Toluca Lake, Studio City, and Sherman Oaks, CA, and will create a suitable treatment plan to help eliminate any aches and improve your health. To schedule your first appointment, contact us at (818) 980-5141today!